Sunday 12 February 2012

Deep Cleaning Makeup Brushes

One of my most hated things to do is deep cleaning my brushes. Cleaning your brushes is very important as over time your makeup brushes get a build up of bacteria and dirt. This bacteria and dirt will be applied to your skin as you use your brushes causing you to get spots which we don't want. I try to deep clean my brushes once a week and spot clean my brushes whenever I need to mainly when i use bright or dark makeup.

When cleaning your brushes you have to be careful not to damage the brush causing the hairs to fall apart. i personally don't use a specially made brush cleaner, I like to use products I have in my house that are good for my brushes keeping them in good condition.

How I Deep Clean My Brushes

To clean my brushes I like to use olive oil mixed with washing up liquid. This is because the olive oil is great at removing makeup it also conditions your brushes. The washing up liquid also helps remove the makeup deep in the brushes and has antibacterial properties which will help remove any bactria.I mix the two together as the washing up liquid dries out the brushes so the olive oil is needed to condition the brushes. I will dip my brush in the olive oil and washing up liquid then run the brush over the back off my hand

After that step I will dip the brush in water mixed with shampoo so any left over makeup is removed and the olive oil is also removed from the brushes. I will then run the brush on a towel.

I will repeat these steps till when I run the brush on a towel there is no product being left on the towel.

So how do you clean your brushes

Lots of Love 
Jess
x-x-x

No comments:

Post a Comment